Birthdays

Birthdays

Monday, June 11, 2012

Walking the Talk

This is a new blog and I am learning many new things navigating here in cyberspace--AND living in a 75-year-old body. I try to be POSITIVE.

I'm not sure HOW to delegate specific blogs to places... you know: the one that appears first, next, and so on and so forth. However.

My hope is that:
  •   those of you who are younger will heed and guide. Yes, youth CAN & DOES guide old ladies.
  •   those of you who are my age will understand and share. Your walk is different from mine.
  •   those of you who are over 80 will smile and rebuke gently. We need words from experience.

Today, my body is not behaving / responding / acting in ways that are familiar. I sort of broke down tonight just from the struggle. Okay. So I broke down big time. Maybe I'm entitled??? A little bit????

I do know from experience that giving thanks is the best medicine I can take. Yes, it is hard, sometimes, to find the good among the aches, pains, sleeplessness, too-much-to-do-ness, too-much-to-handle-ness.

It's often said to one who whines, "Well, but the alternative is worse."

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

My alternative is that my e-mail will be liz@heaven.glory.com WOW. Get it???????????

However. God told Paul to write: ..... to live is CHRIST.

So, I try. I smile. I want to honor my Lord. I write my thanksgivings......

      # 473 - The petunias around the front porch are beautiful, fragrant, and feed the hummingbirds
      # 474 - The Chiropractor made my back better today
     # 475 -  My son and family will arrive from Kentucky in 2 days
     # 476 -  My 12-year-ole granddaughter believes that spending the summer with Memaw would be glorious [let's keep hoping it will happen, Madeline ]
      #477 -  God loves me.... EVEN and ESPECIALLY when I am unlovable.

 Please share with me and let's make this walk beautiful.



1 comment:

  1. Sweet lady! I love your spirit and encouragement! Giving thanks is the best medicine - and your thankful heart blessed me today!

    ReplyDelete